Who we are
We are Hull Speakers. We are part of Toastmasters International (TM.) TM is the largest, not for profit public speaking and training organisation in the world. Hull Speakers is the Hull group affiliated to TM.
Hull Speakers is run by its Committee. The Committee are all volunteers elected by our members.
Our website address is: http://hullspeakers.org.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it?
If you are a visitor to Hull Speakers, or if you send us a message or email, then we will:
- Log these contact details which you have supplied to us on the secure EasySpeak system used by TM groups and which was set up by TM volunteers. If you attend one of our meetings we often take photographs and like to share these on our webpage and social media. We mention this to guests at meetings so that they can exercise their right not to be shown.
- We use these details to keep in contact with you and let you know of any events coming up.
- We do not sell nor share them with any group outside Toastmasters. Within Hull Speakers our Committee may share this information between them in order to help you make the most of your visit or to send you the information you required.
- We will delete these details at any time should you request it.
If you are a member
- We necessarily keep your details on the secure EasySpeak system which is necessary to help Hull Speakers track your speech progress. If you do not wish to be on this system we can remove you but this may involve you in considerable record keeping and proof of your progress.
- If you attend meetings we often take photographs and like to share these on our webpage and social media. We mention this to guests and members at meetings so that they can exercise their right not to be shown. It is appreciated when members do consent because it helps us to promote the benefits of being a member of Hull Speakers.
Web Site Visits
We gather metrics of visitors to the site which can include IP address and browser user agent strings which we use to help spam detection. We do not analyse it to trace it back but simply for analysis of visitor preferences and the parts of the site they found most helpful.
What rights you have over your data
You can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.